Here you'll find links to each of the guides introducing and explaining each of the APIs that make up the Web development architecture.
- DOM developer guide
- The Document Object Model is an API for HTML and XML documents. It provides a structural representation of the document, enabling the developer to modify its content and visual presentation. Essentially, it connects web pages to scripts or programming languages.
- Introduction to the Camera API
- Through the Camera API, it is possible to take pictures with your device's camera and upload them into the current web page.
- Using the Gamepad API
- HTML5 introduced many of the necessary components for rich, interactive game development. Technologies like
- Vibration API
- Most modern mobile devices include vibration hardware, which lets software code provide physical feedback to the user by causing the device to shake. The Vibration API offers Web apps the ability to access this hardware, if it exists, and does nothing if the device doesn't support it.
Join the Web API community on our mailing list or newsgroup:
These topics may also be of interest: