NetworkInformation interface provides information about the connection a device is using to communicate with the network and provides a means for scripts to be notified if the connection type changes. The
NetworkInformation interfaces cannot be instantiated. It is instead accessed through the
connection property of the
This interface also inherits properties of its parent,
- Returns the effective bandwidth estimate in megabits per second, rounded to the nearest multiple of 25 kilobits per seconds.
- Returns the maximum downlink speed, in megabits per second (Mbps), for the underlying connection technology.
- Returns the effective type of the connection meaning one of 'slow-sg', '2g', '3g', or '4g'. This value is determined using a combination of recently observed, round-trip time and downlink values.
- Returns the estimated effective round-trip time of the current connection, rounded to the nearest multiple of 25 milliseconds.
- Returns the type of connection a device is using to communicate with the network. It will be one of the following values:
- The event that's fired when connection information changes and the
changeis fired on this object.
This interface also inherits methods of its parent,
|Network Information API
The definition of 'NetworkInformation' in that specification.
|Editor's Draft||Initial definition|
|Feature||Chrome||Firefox (Gecko)||Internet Explorer||Opera||Safari|
|Basic support||61||No support||No support||48||No support|
|Available in workers||61||?||?||48||No support|
|Feature||Android Webview||Chrome for Android||Firefox Mobile (Gecko)||IE Mobile||Opera Mobile||Safari Mobile|
|Basic support||50||38||31.0 (31) moz||No support||37||No support|
|Available in workers||50||38||53.0 (53)||No support||37||No support|