NetworkInformation interface provides information about the connection a device is using to communicate with the network and provides a means for scripts to be notified if the connection type changes. The
NetworkInformation interfaces cannot be instantiated. It is instead accessed through the
connection property of the
Note:This feature is available in Web Workers.
This interface also inherits properties of its parent,
- Returns the effective bandwidth estimate in megabits per second, rounded to the nearest multiple of 25 kilobits per seconds.
- Returns the maximum downlink speed, in megabits per second (Mbps), for the underlying connection technology.
- Returns the effective type of the connection meaning one of 'slow-2g', '2g', '3g', or '4g'. This value is determined using a combination of recently observed round-trip time and downlink values.
- Returns the estimated effective round-trip time of the current connection, rounded to the nearest multiple of 25 milliseconds.
trueif the user has set a reduced data usage option on the user agent.
- Returns the type of connection a device is using to communicate with the network. It will be one of the following values:
This interface also inherits methods of its parent,
|Network Information API
The definition of 'NetworkInformation' in that specification.
BCD tables only load in the browser