Cascading Style Sheets, çoğu zaman CSS diye kısaltılır, HTML ya da XML (SVG ya da XHTML gibi çeşitli XML dilleri) ile yazılmış belge sunumları için şablon(stil) dilidir. CSS, yapılandırılmış element, ekranda veya diğer medyada nasıl sunulacağını ifade eder.
CSS is one of the core languages of the open web and has a standardized W3C specification. Developed in levels, CSS1 is now obsolete, CSS2.1 a recommendation and CSS3, now split into smaller modules, is progressing on the standard track.
- CSS Referans
Deneyimli Web Developer'lar için CSS'in her özellik ve konsepti için geniş referans arşivi.
- CSS Eğitici
A step-by-step introduction to help complete beginners get started. It presents all the needed fundamentals.
- CSS3 Demos
A collection of demos showing the latest CSS technologies in action: a boost for the creativity.
Documentation and tutorials
- CSS key concepts
- Describes the syntax and forms of the language and introduces fundamentals like specificity and inheritance, the box model and margin collapsing, stacking and block-formatting contexts, or the initial, computed, used and actual values. Entities like CSS shorthand properties are also defined.
- CSS developer guide
- Articles to help you learn CSS techniques to make your content shine.
- Common CSS questions
- Answers to common questions about CSS.
Tools for CSS development
- The W3C CSS Validation Service checks if a given CSS is valid. It is an invaluable debugging tool.
- Firefox' Firebug extension, a popular extension of that navigator that allows to edit live CSS on watched sites. Very practical to test some changes, though this extension does much more.
- Firefox' Web Developer extension also allows to watch and edit live CSS on watched sites. Simpler than Firebug, though less powerful.
- Firefox' EditCSS extension allows editing CSS in the sidebar.
- CSS Text-decoration Level 3 reached the Candidate Recommandation status, defining that the
text-emphasis-*properties. The long known
text-shadowis also defined in it. (August 1st, 2013)
- Gecko's now support
: local. It will be available from Firefox 25 (and already is in Nightly). (July 25th, 2013)
- Pointer Events reached the Candidate Recommandation status, meaning that the CSS property
touch-action, currently only implemented in IE10 (with the
-ms-prefix), is no more experimental. (May 6th, 2013)
- Gecko's support of flexible boxes has been adapted to match a recent specification clarification: from Firefox 23
::afterwill be flex items, and as such can be repositioned using
align-self. (May 3rd, 2013)