Firefox 37 was released on March 31st, 2015. This article lists key changes that are useful not only for web developers, but also Firefox and Gecko developers as well as add-on developers.
Changes for Web developers
- Security panel in the Network Monitor
- Animations panel in the Page Inspector
- Support for running a custom build step in WebIDE
contentsis now activated by default (bug 1102374 and bug 1105369).
- CSS multi-column layout is now working on element with
- Relative positioning (
relative) of table cells has been implemented (bug 35168).
- The quirks mode behavior of
empty-cellshas been removed: it now defaults to
showlike in standard mode (bug 1020400).
- The value
<a rel="noreferrer">now also works when the link is opened in new tab (bug 1031264).
'.'followed by the extension is now allowed in
<input accept>: when used, a file selector filters with this given extension to be proposed to the user (bug 826176).
WeakSetconstructors now ignore null iterable (bug 1092538).
WeakSetconstructors now supports monkey-patched
- The Non-standard
String.prototype.quote()method has been removed (bug 1103181).
RegExp.prototype.flagsproperty has been implemented (bug 1108467).
Arraymethods have been implemented for typed arrays as well:
some()methods (bug 1116390).
findIndex()methods (bug 1078975).
fill()method (bug 1113722).
lastIndexOf()methods (bug 1107601).
join()method (bug 1115817).
reduceRight()methods (bug 1117350).
reverse()method (bug 1111516).
entries()methods (bug 1119217).
- ES6 Proxy
enumeratetrap is implemented (bug 783829).
configurableattribute of the
Function.lengthproperty is now
trueper the ES6 specification (bug 911142).
- The development of ParallelJS (PJS) has been discontinued due to the limited future prospects, little attention and code complexity. The experimental implementation that had been enabled only on the Nightly channel, including the
reduceParmethods, has been completely removed.
StereoPannerNodeWeb Audio node has been implemented (bug 1100349).
Promise-based version of
OfflineAudioContextis now available (bug 1087944).
- The experimental, not activated by default, implementation of Service Workers progresses:
ServiceWorkerGlobalScope.update()has been implemented bug 1065366.
- The IndexedDB API can now be used in Web workers (bug 701634).
- Our experimental implementation of WebGL 2.0 is going forward!
- In keeping with the evolving WebRTC specification, we have deprecated
RTCIceServer.urlin favor of
RTCIceServer.urls, which lets you specify more than one URL for a given ICE server.
- Some key names of
KeyboardEvent.keyare changed for conforming the latest DOM Level 3 Events spec. See the tables of
KeyboardEvent.keyvalues in MDN. The green cells are new values. And purple values are still unstable. Be careful if you use them (meta bug for these changes is bug 900372).
Consoleinterface is now working on
SharedWorker. It was previously available but not working (bug 1058644).
- The value of
KeyboardEvent.keywas incorrectly being reported as
"RomanCharacters"when the 英数 (Eisu) key was pressed. Now it correctly returns
<marker orient="auto-start-reverse">has been implemented (bug 1107584).
- WebSockets now supports the
permessagecompression method, if the server does support it (bug 792831).
- The usage of weak protocols or ciphers, like SSL 3.0 and RC4, are now logged in the console, to warn sites that are using it (bug 1092835).
- The CSP 1.1
referrerdirective is now supported (bug 965727).
Changes for add-on and Mozilla developers
- Firefox 50 for developers
- Firefox 49 for developers
- Firefox 48 for developers
- Firefox 47 for developers
- Firefox 46 for developers
- Firefox 45 for developers
- Firefox 44 for developers
- Firefox 43 for developers
- Firefox 42 for developers
- Firefox 41 for developers
- Firefox 40 for developers
- Firefox 39 for developers
- Firefox 38 for developers
- Firefox 37 for developers
- Firefox 36 for developers
- Firefox 35 for developers
- Firefox 34 for developers
- Firefox 33 for developers
- Firefox 32 for developers
- Firefox 31 for developers
- Firefox 30 for developers
- Firefox 29 for developers
- Firefox 28 for developers
- Firefox 27 for developers
- Firefox 26 for developers
- Firefox 25 for developers
- Firefox 24 for developers
- Firefox 23 for developers
- Firefox 22 for developers
- Firefox 21 for developers
- Firefox 20 for developers