Firefox 62 for developers
This article provides information about the changes in Firefox 62 that will affect developers. Firefox 62 was released on September 5, 2018.
- The Shape Path Editor is now available by default — see Edit Shape Paths in CSS for more information.
- You can now split the Rules view out into its own pane, separate from the other tabs on the CSS pane. See Page inspector 3-pane mode for more details.
- The Grid inspector has updated features, and all new documentation — see CSS Grid Inspector: Examine grid layouts.
- You now have four options for the location of the Developer Tools. In addition to the default location on the bottom of the window, you can choose to locate the tools on either the left or right sides of the main window or in a separate window (bug 1192642).
- A close button has been added to the split console toolbar.
- If the option to "Select an iframe as the currently targeted document" is checked, the icon will appear in the toolbar while the Settings tab is displayed, even if the current page doesn't include any iframes (bug 1456069).
- The Network Monitor's Cookies tab now shows the cookie
samesiteattribute (bug 1452715).
- Responsive design mode now works inside container tabs (bug 1306975).
- When CORS errors occur and are reported on the console, Firefox now provides a link to the corresponding page in our CORS error documentation (bug 1475391).
- Create a screenshot of the current page (with an optional filename) from the Console tab (bug 1464461) using the following command:
:screenshot <filename.png> --fullpage
<filename.png>is the desired filename. The file will be saved to your downloads folder. The
--fullpageparameter is optional, but if included, it will save the full web page. This option also adds
-fullpageto the name of the file. For a list of all options available for this command, enter:
- The Developer Toolbar/GCLI (accessed with Shift + F2), has been removed from Firefox (bug 1461970). Both the Developer Toolbar UI and the GCLI upstream library have become unmaintained, some of its features are broken (some ever since e10s), it is blocking the
unsafeSetInnerHTMLwork, usage numbers are very low, alternatives exist for the most used commands.
:-moz-selectionhas been unprefixed to
xis now supported as a unit for the
<resolution>type (bug 1460655).
shape-image-thresholdare now enabled by default (bug 1457297).
WebAssembly.Global()constructor is now supported, along with global variables in WebAssembly (bug 1464656).
Array.prototype.flatMap()methods are now enabled by default (bug 1435813).
- For out-of-bounds typed array indexes,
Reflect.set()will now return
DOMPointReadOnlyconstructors no longer support an input parameter of type
DOMPointInit; the values of the properties must be specified using the
wparameters (bug 1186265).
URL.createObjectURL()method no longer supports creating object URLs to represent a
MediaStream. This capability has been obsolete for some time, since you can now set
MediaStreamdirectly (bug 1454889).
- The Speech Synthesis API (Text-to-Speech) is now enabled by default on Firefox for Android (bug 1463496).
DOMPointReadOnlyinterface now supports the static function
DOMPointReadOnly.fromPoint(), which creates a new point object from a dictionary that's compatible with
DOMPointInit, which includes any
DOMPointobject. This function is also available on
- For compatibility purposes, the
Event.srcElementproperty is now supported. It is an alias for
Navigator.registerProtocolHandler()now must only be called from a secure context (bug 1460506).
Navigator.registerContentHandler()method has been disabled by default in preparation for being removed entirely, as it's been obsolete for some time (bug 1460481).
DataTransfer()constructor has been implemented (bug 1351193).
Document.domaincan no longer return
null(bug 819475). If the domain cannot be identified, then
domainreturns an empty string instead of
- Added the
console.timeLog()method to display the current value of a console timer while continuing to track the time (bug 1458466).
console.countReset()to reset a console counter value (bug 1459279).
Media, Web Audio, and WebRTC
"media.autoplay.enabled"preference now controls automatic playback of both audio and video media, instead of just video media (bug 1413098).
ChannelSplitterNodehas been fixed to correctly default to having 6 channels with the
"explicit", as per the specification (bug 1456265).
deviceproximityevents (see also
DeviceProximityEvent) have been disabled by default behind the
device.sensors.proximity.enabledpreference (bug 1462308).
devicelightevent of type
DeviceLightEventhas been disabled by default behind the
device.sensors.ambientLight.enabledpreference (bug 1462308).
DOMAttrModifiedmutation events are no longer thrown when the
styleattribute is changed via the CSSOM (bug 1460295, see also this site compatibility post).
- Support for
CSSStyleDeclaration.getPropertyCSSValue()has been removed (bug 1408301).
- Support for
CSSValueListhas been removed (bug 1459871).
window.getComputedStyle()no longer returns
nullwhen called on a
Windowwhich has no presentation (bug 1467722).
WebDriver:ElementSendKeyshas been made WebDriver conforming for file uploads (bug 1448792).
User prompts as raised by
beforeunloadevents are automatically dismissed for
WebDriver:Closecommands (bug 1434872).
- Removed obsolete endpoints including
- WebDriver commands which return success with data
nullnow return an empty dictionary (bug 1461463).
- Added the
webRequest.getSecurityInfo()API to examine details of TLS connections (bug 1322748).
- Added the
browserSettings.newTabPositionto customize where new tabs open (bug 1344749).
windowTypeshas been deprecated in
- It's now possible to modify a browser action on a per-window basis (bug 1419893).
open_at_installproperty of the
sidebar_actionmanifest key enables extensions to control whether their sidebars should open automatically on install or not (bug 1460910).
- Changes to the
browser_styleproperty of various manifest keys:
- Firefox 61 for developers
- Firefox 60 for developers
- Firefox 59 for developers
- Firefox 58 for developers
- Firefox 57 for developers
- Firefox 56 for developers
- Firefox 55 for developers
- Firefox 54 for developers
- Firefox 53 for developers
- Firefox 52 for developers
- Firefox 51 for developers
- Firefox 50 for developers
- Firefox 49 for developers
- Firefox 48 for developers
- Firefox 47 for developers
- Firefox 46 for developers
- Firefox 45 for developers
- Firefox 44 for developers
- Firefox 43 for developers
- Firefox 42 for developers
- Firefox 41 for developers
- Firefox 40 for developers
- Firefox 39 for developers
- Firefox 38 for developers
- Firefox 37 for developers
- Firefox 36 for developers
- Firefox 35 for developers
- Firefox 34 for developers
- Firefox 33 for developers
- Firefox 32 for developers
- Firefox 31 for developers