Firefox 67 for developers
This article provides information about the changes in Firefox 67 that will affect developers. Firefox 67 was released on May 21, 2019.
- Debugger updates:
- Column breakpoints allow you to select the specific point (or column) in a line of code where you want the debugger to break (bug 1528417).
- Log points allow you to log specific information to the console during code execution without pausing execution and without the need to change the code.
- The map scopes feature allows you to view the variables from the original source.
- You can debug worker threads directly in the debugger.
- Web Console updates:
- Navigate details in the console using the keyboard (bug 1424159).
- Cmd + K will now clear the console of its contents on macOS (bug 1532939).
- When the user clears the console, the error messages cache is cleared as well (bug 717611).
- The user can import existing modules into the current page using import (bug 1517546).
- A new context menu item allows the user to use the Copy Link Location command (bug 1457111).
- Clicking a link in the Console causes the same behavior that it would in a content window (bug 1466040).
- Clicking the source link for a code file in the Console panel navigates to the Debugger if debugger knows the file (bug 1447244).
- When the user has filtered the contents of the console, an icon will be added to the filter text box to clear the filter (bug 1525821).
- Network Monitor enhancements:
- The Header panel of the Network monitor will now display a notification for resources belonging to a known tracker (bug 1485416).
- In the Network monitor request columns, you can control the visible columns and column sorting. The context menu now includes a command to restore the list sort parameters to the default (bug 1454962).
- You can change the width of the columns in the Network Monitor to suit your workflow (bug 1358414).
- The following Developer Tools panels have been removed (see Deprecated tools for details):
- The following Developer Tools have been deprecated (see Deprecated tools for details):
revertkeyword has been implemented (bug 1215878).
break-wordvalue of the
word-breakproperty is now supported (bug 1296042).
prefers-color-schememedia feature is now supported (bug 1494034).
cursors of greater than 32px in size are now disallowed, to mitigate potential malware uses of large cursors (bug 1445844).
- The default value for
- User gestures are now preserved for rejected calls to
Document.requestStorageAccess, as well as fulfilled calls (bug 1522912).
- CSS transition (bug 1530239) and animation (bug 1531605) events now fire on disabled (e.g. form) elements.
InputEvent.dataTransferhave been implemented (bug 998941).
InputEvent.inputTypevalue is now supported (bug 1532527).
- Strict MIME type checks are now enforced on scripts imported by
Media, Web Audio, and WebRTC
- The AV1 video codec is now supported on Linux.
- dav1d is now the default media decoder for AV1 (see for example bug 1533742 and bug 1535038).
RTCPeerConnection.addTrack()without specifying any streams to which to add the new track now works as expected: it adds a streamless track to the connection. Each peer is responsible for managing the association between the track and any stream on its end (bug 1231414).
MediaDeviceInfo.groupIdproperty is now implemented (bug 1213453). While it has existed in Firefox since Firefox 39, it did not actually gather related devices together into the same group IDs.
RTCIceCandidate.usernameFragmentproperty is now implemented (bug 1490658).
- WebVTT has been revised to correctly use
autoas the default for the
positionAlignproperty, instead of
center. This causes the cue box's alignment to correspond to the alignment of the text within it (bug 1528420).
Canvas and WebGL
- The deprecated
ShadowRoot.getElementsByClassNameproperties (part of Shadow DOM v0) have been removed (bug 1535438).
document.createTouchList(), and the
ontouch*event handler properties have been disabled on desktop to improve web compatibility on websites where touch support is used for mobile detection (bug 1412485). In such cases, websites have been seen to behave incorrectly or unexpectedly on touchscreen laptops.
WebDriver:NewWindowwill no longer timeout because inconsistencies across platforms regarding the
focusevent (bug 1523234).
- A new manifest key, incognito, defines the behavior of an extension in private browsing windows or tabs (bug 1511636).
toolbar_field_highlightsetting controls the background color used to indicate the current selection of text in the URL bar (bug 1450114).
toolbar_field_highlight_textsetting controls the text color used to indicate the current selection of text in the URL bar (bug 1450114).
- Hacks release post: Firefox 67: Dark Mode CSS, WebRender, and more
- Firefox 66 for developers
- Firefox 65 for developers
- Firefox 64 for developers
- Firefox 63 for developers
- Firefox 62 for developers
- Firefox 61 for developers
- Firefox 60 for developers
- Firefox 59 for developers
- Firefox 58 for developers
- Firefox 57 for developers
- Firefox 56 for developers
- Firefox 55 for developers
- Firefox 54 for developers
- Firefox 53 for developers
- Firefox 52 for developers
- Firefox 51 for developers
- Firefox 50 for developers
- Firefox 49 for developers
- Firefox 48 for developers
- Firefox 47 for developers
- Firefox 46 for developers
- Firefox 45 for developers
- Firefox 44 for developers
- Firefox 43 for developers
- Firefox 42 for developers
- Firefox 41 for developers
- Firefox 40 for developers
- Firefox 39 for developers
- Firefox 38 for developers
- Firefox 37 for developers
- Firefox 36 for developers