Firefox 25 for developers
- The inspector now features autocompletion for CSS names and values.
- The debugger now lets you "black box" script files, to prevent breakpoints from stopping in library code you're not interested in debugging.
- The Profiler now has the ability to save and import profiling results. "Show Gecko Platform Data" is now an option in the Firefox developer tools options.
- The Network panel has a right-click context menu, with copy and resend URL commands.
- Numerous under-the-hood changes may make some rewriting necessary for addons that modify the DevTools.
- The support for the keyword
localas a value of the
background-attachmentCSS property has been added (bug 483446).
- Support of a non-standard Mozilla-only media query to determine the operating system version has been added:
-moz-os-version(bug 810399). The property is currently only implemented on Windows.
-moz-osx-font-smoothingCSS property has been added (bug 857142).
- Our experimental support for
filternow supports the
hue-rotate()functional notation (bug 897392). It is still preffed off by default.
avoidis now working with the height of a block (bug 883676).
EcmaScript 2015 implementation continues!
- The method
Array.of()is now implemented on
- Support for the methods
Array.prototype.findIndex()has been added (bug 885553).
- The methods
Number.parseFloat()have been implemented (bug 886949)
- The methods
Set.prototype.forEach()are now implemented (bug 866847).
- New mathematical methods have been implemented on
- Support for binary and octal integer literals has been added:
0O237are now valid (bug 894026).
- The machine epsilon constant, that is the smallest representable number that added to 1 will not be 1, is now available as
- Typed arrays have been updated to no longer search in the prototype chain for indexed properties (bug 829896).
- The Web Audio API is now supported. An incomplete implementation was previously available behind a preference (bug 779297).
- Some IME related keys on Windows are supported by
KeyboardEvent.key(bug 865565), see the key name table for the detail.
- Firefox for Metro now dispatches key events in the same way as the desktop version (bug 843236).
keypressevent is no longer dispatched if
keydownevent is called (bug 501496), see the document of
keydownevent for the detail.
- Renamed the
srcDocproperty on the
HTMLIFrameElementinterface, allowing the inline specification of the content of an
<iframe>, is now supported (bug 802895).
createTBody()method on the
HTMLTableElementinterface, allowing to get its
<tbody>, is now supported (bug 813034).
toStartparameter is now optional and default to
false, like defined in the spec (bug 891340).
- Support of
DocumentFragmenthas been added (bug 895974).
nextElementSiblinghave been moved to
ChildNodeallowing them to be called not only on a
Elementobject but also on a
DocumentTypeobject (bug 895974).
navigator.geolocationproperty has been updated to match the spec. It never returns
null. When the preference
geo.enabledis set to
false, it now returns
videoPlaybackQualityattribute on the
HTMLVideoElementinterface has been changed to the
getVideoPlaybackQualitymethod. (bug 889205)
- The non-standard
GlobalObjectConstructorinterface has been removed (bug 898136). This interface was used to add arguments to the constructors of APIs that Firefox add-ons were exposing on the global object. This capability has been removed; note that at this time there's no replacement for this functionality.
- Firefox 24 for developers
- Firefox 23 for developers
- Firefox 22 for developers
- Firefox 21 for developers
- Firefox 20 for developers
- Firefox 19 for developers
- Firefox 18 for developers
- Firefox 17 for developers
- Firefox 16 for developers
- Firefox 15 for developers
- Firefox 14 for developers
- Firefox 13 for developers
- Firefox 12 for developers
- Firefox 11 for developers
- Firefox 10 for developers
- Firefox 9 for developers
- Firefox 8 for developers
- Firefox 7 for developers
- Firefox 6 for developers
- Firefox 5 for developers
- Firefox 4 for developers
- Firefox 3.6 for developers
- Firefox 3.5 for developers
- Firefox 3 for developers
- Firefox 2 for developers
- Firefox 1.5 for developers