Changes for Web developers
- Eyedropper tool to select colors in web pages
- full stack traces for console error messages
- editable Box Model View
- %c formatting to style console messages
- "copy as cURL" command in Network Monitor
- Sublime Text keybindings in the source editor
- Option to make Network Monitor logs persistent
- Alt+click to expand all descendants of a node
var-prefix of CSS Variables to
--to reflect the final spec change (bug 985838).
hyphensproperty now support Polish hyphenation rules (bug 987668).
- Removed an unwanted white space for multiple of 10,000 in Korean counter styles (bug 985186).
- CSS opacity transition broken with parent pseudo :before and overflow auto (bug 990340).
::-moz-math-stretchypseudo-element has been removed (bug 1000879).
New ECMAScript 6 features implemented:
String.prototype.normalize()is available in Firefox Desktop (bug 918987).
- The ES6 Proxy
isExtensibletrap have been implemented (bug 978235).
- Constructor of
KeyboardEventhas been implemented (bug 930893).
- The Resource Timing API has been implemented (see bug 822480).
KeyboardEvent.isComposingattribute has been implemented (bug 993234).
InputEventinterface has been implemented (bug 993253).
InputEvent.isComposingattribute has been implemented (bug 993253).
CSS.escape()has been implemented (bug 955860).
mousemoveis now cancelable like in other browsers (bug 704423). Calling
true;any other behaviors are not changed. E.g., it cannot prevent to set
Path2Dinterface has been implemented.
CanvasRenderingContext2D.stroke()methods have been updated to optionally accept a
Connectioninterface has been renamed to
NetworkInformationand has been modified to match the new specificaiton (bug 960426).
Navigator.sendBeacon()has been implemented; this allows asynchronous transmission of analytics or other data in a manner that doesn't rely on the transmitting page remaining loaded, so that it can be used in an
- Partial implementation of the OpenType MATH table, section 6.3.6 (bug 407059). For details, see the fonts for Mozilla's MathML engine and try the MathML torture test .
:-moz-math-stretchypseudo-element has been removed (bug 1000879).
- When available, the Unicode Mathematical alphanumeric characters are used for bold, italic and bold-italic mathvariants (bug 930504).
Changes for add-on and Mozilla developers
- The "
align" attribute on the
urlbar-wrapper(formerly on the
urlbar-container) which was set to "
center" since time immemorial, has been removed. This is known to affect third-party themes. You should look carefully at what the right fix is for your theme, but for maintaining the equivalent effect, you can add the following CSS rule to your theme:
aAdditionalFlagsas optional argument. If you called
aReverse, the behavior would be broken by this change. See explanation of each flag (
SELECTION_SET_FLAG_*) for the detail of
- Add-on Debugger
- Added the ability to convert between high-level BrowserWindow objects and DOM windows, and between high-level Tab objects and XUL tabs.
- Updated the default theme used for panels on Mac OS X.
- Added contentStyle and contentStyleFile options to panel.
GitHub commits made between Firefox 30 and Firefox 31. This will not include any uplifts made after this release entered Aurora.
Bugs fixed between Firefox 30 and Firefox 31. This will not include any uplifts made after this release entered Aurora.
- Firefox 50 for developers
- Firefox 49 for developers
- Firefox 48 for developers
- Firefox 47 for developers
- Firefox 46 for developers
- Firefox 45 for developers
- Firefox 44 for developers
- Firefox 43 for developers
- Firefox 42 for developers
- Firefox 41 for developers
- Firefox 40 for developers
- Firefox 39 for developers
- Firefox 38 for developers
- Firefox 37 for developers
- Firefox 36 for developers
- Firefox 35 for developers
- Firefox 34 for developers
- Firefox 33 for developers
- Firefox 32 for developers
- Firefox 31 for developers
- Firefox 30 for developers
- Firefox 29 for developers
- Firefox 28 for developers
- Firefox 27 for developers
- Firefox 26 for developers
- Firefox 25 for developers
- Firefox 24 for developers
- Firefox 23 for developers
- Firefox 22 for developers
- Firefox 21 for developers
- Firefox 20 for developers