Enables extensions to interact with the browser's download manager. You can use this API module to download files, cancel, pause, resume downloads, and show downloaded files in the file manager.
- Defines options for what to do if the name of a downloaded file conflicts with an existing file.
- Defines a set of possible reasons why a download was interrupted.
- Defines a set of common warnings of possible dangers associated with downloadable files.
- Defines different states that a current download can be in.
- Represents a downloaded file.
- Represents the difference between two strings.
- Represents the difference between two doubles.
- Represents the difference between two booleans.
- Represents the time a download took to complete.
- Defines a set of parameters that can be used to search the downloads manager for a specific set of downloads.
- Downloads a file, given its URL and other optional preferences.
- Queries the
DownloadItemsavailable in the browser's downloads manager, and returns those that match the specified search criteria.
- Pauses a download.
- Resumes a paused download.
- Cancels a download.
- Retrieves an icon for the specified download.
- Opens the downloaded file with its associated application.
- Opens the platform's file manager application to show the downloaded file in its containing folder.
- Opens the platform's file manager application to show the default downloads folder.
- Erases matching
DownloadItemsfrom the browser's download history, without deleting the downloaded files from disk.
- Removes a downloaded file from disk, but not from the browser's download history.
- Prompts the user to accept or cancel a dangerous download.
- Initiates dragging the downloaded file to another application.
- Enables or disables the gray shelf at the bottom of every window associated with the current browser profile. The shelf will be disabled as long as at least one extension has disabled it.
- Fires with the
DownloadItemobject when a download begins.
- Fires with the
downloadIdwhen a download is erased from history.
- When any of a
DownloadItem's properties except
bytesReceivedchanges, this event fires with the
downloadIdand an object containing the properties that changed.
BCD tables only load in the browser