Utilities related to your extension. Get URLs to resources packages with your extension. Get the
Window object for your extension's pages. Get the values for various settings.
Note: The messaging APIs in this module are deprecated in favor of the equivalent APIs in the
- The type of extension view.
- Set for the lifetime of a callback if an asynchronous extension API has resulted in an error. If no error has occurred,
Truefor content scripts running inside incognito tabs, and for extension pages running inside an incognito process. (The latter only applies to extensions with '
- Returns the
Windowobject for the background page running inside the current extension. Returns
nullif the extension has no background page.
- Converts a relative path within an extension install directory to a fully-qualified URL.
- Returns an array of the
Windowobjects for each of the pages running inside the current extension.
- Retrieves the state of the extension's access to Incognito-mode (as determined by the user-controlled 'Allowed in Incognito' checkbox).
- Retrieves the state of the extension's access to the
file://scheme (as determined by the user-controlled 'Allow access to File URLs' checkbox).
- Sends a single request to other listeners within the extension.
- Sets the value of the ap CGI parameter used in the extension's update URL. This value is ignored for extensions that are hosted in the browser vendor's store.
BCD tables only load in the browser