history API to interact with the browser history.
If you are looking for information about the browser session history, see the History interface.
Browser history is a chronological record of pages the user has visited. The history API enables you to:
- search for pages that appear in the browser history
- remove individual pages from the browser history
- add pages to the browser history
- remove all pages from the browser history.
However, the user may have visited a single page multiple times, so the API also has the concept of "visits". So you can also use this API to:
- retrieve the complete set of visits the user made to a particular page
- remove visits to any pages made during a given time period.
- Searches the browser history for
history.HistoryItemobjects matching the given criteria.
- Retrieves information about visits to a given page.
- Adds a record to the browser history of a visit to the given page.
- Removes all visits to the given URL from the browser history.
- Removes all visits to pages that the user made during the given time range.
- Removes all visits from the browser history.
BCD tables only load in the browser