history API to interact with the browser history.
If you are looking for information about the browser session history, see the History interface.
Browser history is a chronological record of pages the user has visited. The history API enables you to:
- search for pages that appear in the browser history
- remove individual pages from the browser history
- add pages to the browser history
- remove all pages from the browser history.
However, the user may have visited a single page multiple times, so the API also has the concept of "visits". So you can also use this API to:
- retrieve the complete set of visits the user made to a particular page
- remove visits to any pages made during a given time period.
Searches the browser history for
history.HistoryItemobjects matching the given criteria.
Retrieves information about visits to a given page.
Adds a record to the browser history of a visit to the given page.
Removes all visits to the given URL from the browser history.
Removes all visits to pages that the user made during the given time range.
Removes all visits from the browser history.
BCD tables only load in the browser