**현지화(l10n)**는 소프트웨어 사용자 인터페이스를 특정 문화에 적응시키는 과정이다.
다음은 고려해야 할 일반적인 요인입니다.
- unit of measure (e.g., kilometers in Europe, miles in U.S.)
- text direction (e.g., European languages are left-to-right, Arabic right-to-left)
- capitalization in Latin script (e.g., English uses capitals for weekdays, Spanish uses lowercase)
- adaptation of idioms (e.g., "raining cats and dogs" makes no sense when translated literally)
- use of register (e.g., in Japanese respectful speech differs exceptionally from casual speech)
- number format (e.g., 10 000,00 in Germany vs. 10,000.00 in the U.S.)
- date format
- cultural references
- paper size
- color psychology
- compliance with local laws
- local holidays
- personal names
- Localization on Wikipedia