ended event is fired when playback or streaming has stopped because the end of the media was reached or because no further data is available.
This event occurs in two related but unique contexts:
- Elements based upon
endedwhen playback of the media reaches the end of the media.
- Media strams' tracks, which are based on the
endedwhen the track's source permanently stops sending data on the stream. There are various ways this can happen, including:
- There is no more data left to send.
- The user revoked the permissions needed for the data to be sent.
- The hardware generating the source data has been removed or ejected.
- A remote peer has permanently stopped sending data; pausing media does not generate an
- HTML5 media and Media Capture and Streams
- Default Action
While this event is defined in two specifications, at this time both specify this event identically, so we have documented them as if they were one. If at some point that changes, the documentation will be revised.
||The event target (the topmost target in the DOM tree).|
||The type of event.|
||Whether the event normally bubbles or not|
||Whether the event is cancellable or not?|