Animation interface of the Web Animations API represents a single animation player and provides playback controls and a timeline for an animation node or source.
- Creates a new
- The current time value of the animation in milliseconds, whether running or paused. If the animation lacks a
timeline(en-US), is inactive or hasn't been played yet, its value is
- Gets and sets the
AnimationEffectReadOnly(en-US) associated with this animation. This will usually be a
Animation.finished(en-US) Read only
- Returns the current finished Promise for this animation.
- Gets and sets the
Stringused to identify the animation.
Animation.pending(en-US) Read only
- Indicates whether the animation is currently waiting for an asynchronous operation such as initiating playback or pausing a running animation.
Animation.playState(en-US) Read only
- Returns an enumerated value describing the playback state of an animation.
- Gets or sets the playback rate of the animation.
Animation.ready(en-US) Read only
- Returns the current ready Promise for this animation.
- Gets or sets the scheduled time when an animation's playback should begin.
- Clears all
keyframeEffects(en-US) caused by this animation and aborts its playback.
- Seeks either end of an animation, depending on whether the animation is playing or reversing.
- Suspends playing of an animation.
- Starts or resumes playing of an animation, or begins the animation again if it previously finished.
Blinking and flashing animation can be problematic for people with cognitive concerns such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Additionally, certain kinds of motion can be a trigger for Vestibular disorders, epilepsy, and migraine and Scotopic sensitivity.
Consider providing a mechanism for pausing or disabling animation, as well as using the Reduced Motion Media Query to create a complimentary experience for users who have expressed a preference for no animated experiences.
The definition of 'Animation' in that specification.
|Working Draft||Initial definition|
BCD tables only load in the browser