The open Web presents incredible opportunities for developers. To take full advantage of these technologies, you need to know how to use them. Below you'll find the links to MDN's documentation on Web technologies.
- HyperText Markup Language is the language used to describe and define the content of a Web page in a well-structured format.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are used to describe the appearance of Web content.
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-layer protocol for transmitting hypermedia documents, such as HTML.
- Web APIs
- Reference material for each of the individual APIs that comprise the Web's powerful scriptability, including the DOM and all of the related APIs and interfaces you can use to build Web content and apps.
- Scalable Vector Graphics let you describe images as sets of vectors (lines) and shapes in order to allow them to scale smoothly regardless of the size at which they're drawn.
- WebGL brings 3D graphics to the Web by introducing an API that closely conforms to OpenGL ES 2.0, which can be used in HTML
- Mathematical Markup Language makes it possible to display complex mathematical equations and syntax.
- Learning web development
- This set of articles aims to provide complete beginners to web development with all they need to start coding simple websites.
- Developing Web Applications
- Documentation for Web application developers; Web apps are true write-once, deploy anywhere apps for mobile, desktop, and Firefox OS.
- Accessibility in Web development means enabling as many people as possible to use Web sites, even when those people's abilities are limited in some way. Here we provide information on developing Web content to be accessible.
- Ensuring that your Web site or open Web app is secure is critical.
Document Tags and Contributors
Contributors to this page: SphinxKnight, TIYAN, angelotex, chrisdavidmills, Sheppy, Alt0Z, fscholz, jswisher, sammie, thilinanarad, JohanX, scott12, Ruemel, jsx, jwhitlock, genn2016nev, andrealeone, teoli, markzaide, w338, nochis, yuntui, gwebster4, Tigt, th65, konyx, irvinfly, groovecoder, austinharper, crackien, khrisstacey2, DevAsh, alfibro, Manojkr, a_bayukencana, x2357, kripesh2015, royhowie, golf1052, robjohnson, MyLogic, wbamberg, dropenstavxi1977, celo, jeffmarshall, Jitun, evilpie, mccary, trevorh, DavidWalsh, Cginybetty, zegenie, adnanhoodmdn, poeemah, email@example.com, Pistachio_farra, firstname.lastname@example.org, SutattaP, Phichit, EmilyG, anirban007, seanwiththewind, ksendzolina, uptdisdikporabangsri, boa0332, Sunil.BN, Balu, eunsuklee, benimadhab, StarQuake, stevion, comando, AmaanC, sampriti, Resse, BigfishFirefox, kesavviswanath, Rest, vharleman, lanette, Testa18, y7_fvc, shaillock, Bergi, Blind.Visionaire, tigerxr6, Nickolay, worldsinglechristians.com, glory711, christinaberner, oby, patrickjoannisse, ninja, Timmi, dimitris92, ethertank, fusionchess, Jan.Ruzicka
Last updated by: SphinxKnight,