<xsl:sort> element defines a sort key for nodes selected by
<xsl:for-each> and determines the order in which they are processed.
<xsl:sort select=EXPRESSION order="ascending" | "descending" case-order="upper-first" | "lower-first" lang=XML:LANG-CODE data-type="text" | "number" />
- Uses an XPath expression to specify the nodes to be sorted.
- Specifies whether the nodes should be processed in "
ascending" or "
descending" order. The default is "
- Indicates whether upper- or lowercase letters are to be ordered first. The allowable values are "
upper-first" and "
- Specifies which language is to be used by the sort.
- Defines whether items are to be ordered alphabetically or numerically. The allowable values are "
text" and "
number" with "
text" being the default.
Subinstruction, always appears as a child of <xsl:for-each>, where it must appear before the template proper or of <xsl:apply-templates>.