Firefox 64 for developers
Questo articolo fornisce informazioni riguardo i cambiamenti in Firefox 64 che interesseranno gli sviluppatori. Firefox 64 è stato rilasciato l' 11 Dicembre, 2018.
- The Accessibility info-bar has been enhanced to include information about the color contrast ratio of text or images on the page (bug 1473037).
- Responsive Design Mode device selection is now saved between sessions (bug 1248619).
- Resources that are potentially affected by Tracking Protection are now indicated in the Network Monitor. (bug 1333994)
- The Web Console got improvements around entering and evaluating code:
- The Developer Tools GCLI has been removed (bug 1429421).
- CSS Scrollbars spec functionality has been enabled by default (bug 1492012).
- Interaction Media Features implemented, including
pointer:coarse(bug 1035774). For
any-hoverimplementation, see bug 1483111.
prefers-reduced-motionmedia feature is now supported in Firefox for Android (bug 1478505).
<gradient>(en-US) values now support multi-position color stop syntax, e.g.
yellow 25%, yellow 50%can now be written
yellow 25% 50%(bug 1352643).
text-transform(en-US) property now accepts the
full-size-kanavalue (bug 1498148).
- Support added for
-webkit-appearance(en-US) to alleviate associated web compat issues (bug 1368555).
- Closely associated with the above update, we've also removed most of the Firefox-specific
-moz-appearancevalues (bug 1496720).
list-itemis now supported on <legend> (en-US) elements (bug 1486602).
path()s, as usable in
offset-path(en-US), are now animatable (bug 1486094).
- If a selector chain or group includes a
-webkit-prefixed pseudo-element, that pseudo-element no longer invalidates it (see bug 1424106 for the details, and bug 1486325 for enabling this feature).
- The non-standard
display(en-US) values have been hidden from web content (bug 1496961).
- The non-standard
::-moz-treepseudo-elements have been hidden from web content (bug 1496961).
layout.css.filters.enabledpreference has been removed; CSS filters can no longer be disabled (bug 1408841).
- A previous change — to swap the values of the 2-value
overflow(en-US) syntax so block is specified first and inline second (bug 1481866) — has been reverted (bug 1492567). See Bug 1481866 comment 14 for why.
- The TC39 Well-formed JSON.stringify proposal has been implemented, to prevent
JSON.stringifyfrom returning ill-formed Unicode strings (bug 1469021).
- Proxied functions can now be be passed to
- In the
WebAssembly.Global(en-US) constructor, if no value is specified a typed 0 value is used. This is specified by the
DefaultValuealgorithm (bug 1490286).
- A number of changes related to the Fullscreen API (en-US) have been implemented:
- The API has been unprefixed (bug 1269276).
Document.exitFullscreen()(en-US) methods both now return a
Promise, which is resolved when the mode change is complete (bug 1188256 and bug 1491212).
fullscreenerrorevents were dispatched to the
Documentfirst, then the
Element. This has been reversed so that the element gets the event first. This matches the latest specification as well as the behavior of Google Chrome (bug 1375319).
- The WebVR API (en-US) (1.1) is now re-enabled in macOS (bug 1476091).
Window.screenTop(en-US) have been implemented, as aliases of
Window.screenY(en-US) (bug 1498860).
XMLHttpRequest.getAllResponseHeaders()(en-US) method now returns header names all in lowercase, as per spec (bug 1398718).
- The legacy
HTMLAllCollectioninterface has been updated as per recent spec updates (bug 1398354).
Navigator.buildID(en-US) now returns a fixed timestamp as a privacy measure (bug 583181).
Media, Web Audio, and WebRTC
PannerNode.coneOuterGain(en-US) properties now correctly throw exceptions when set to values outside their accepted ranges (bug 1487963).
RTCRtpEncodingParameters(en-US) settings changed via
RTCRtpSender.setParameters()(en-US) used to not update if the changes were made during a call. They will now update live, without renegotiation (bug 1253499).
RTCIceCandidateStats.relayProtocol(en-US) has been implemented — this is the standardized version of
RTCIceCandidateStats.mozLocalTransport(en-US), which has now been deprecated (bug 1435789).
Window.event(en-US) property, added in Firefox 63 to aid with web compat issues, has been put behind a pref (
dom.window.event.enabled) and disabled by default in release versions for now due to other issues that have been uncovered (bug 1493869). Note that this was actually done late in the Firefox 63 release cycle, but we are mentioning it here just in case.
LocalMediaStream(en-US) interface and its
stop()method have been removed (bug 1258143). This method is no longer available with the deprecation of
LocalMediaStream. See Stopping a video stream in MediaStreamTrack.stop() to learn how to stop an entire stream.
VideoStreamTrackinterfaces have been removed, as both have been deprecated for some time (bug 1377146). Their functionality has been merged into
MediaStreamTrack(en-US); tracks are now identified by the value of their
kind(en-US) property, such as
- The Symantec CA Distrust plan has been implemented (see bug 1409257; see also the Mozilla’s Plan for Symantec Roots discussion for more details).
- Referrer-Policy (en-US) can now be used to govern resources fetched via stylesheets (bug 1330487) — see Integration with CSS in Referrer-Policy for more information.
- A new API,
browser.menus.overrideContext(), can be called from the
contextmenuDOM event to set a custom context menu in extension pages. This API allows extensions to hide all default Firefox menu items in favor of providing a custom context menu UI. This context menu can consist of multiple top-level menu items from the extension, and may optionally include tab or bookmark context menu items from other extensions. See this blog post for more details.
- You can now restrict where context menus can appear in an add-on using the new
viewTypesproperty in menus.create() (en-US) and menus.update() (en-US) (bug 1416839).
- menus.update() (en-US) can now be used to update the icon of an existing menu item (bug 1414566).
- Extensions can now detect which mouse button was used when a menu item was clicked — this can be found using the new
buttonproperty of menus.OnClickData (en-US) (bug 1469148).
- The windows.create() (en-US) method now has a new option available —
cookieStoreId— which specifies the
CookieStoreIdto use for all tabs that were created when the window is opened (bug 1393570).
- The privacy.websites (en-US)
cookieConfigproperty is an object that can accept a
behaviorproperty — this property can now take a new value,
reject_trackers, which instructs the extension to reject tracking cookies (bug 1493057).
- The new
pinnedproperty of the
page_actionmanifest key enables extensions to control whether their page actions should be pinned to the location bar on install or not (bug 1494135).
- In native manifests on Windows, the 32-bit registry view (Wow6432Node) will be checked first for registry keys, followed by the "native" registry view; you should use whichever is appropriate for your application (bug 1494709).
search_providerobject can now include new properties —
suggest_url_post_params(bug 1486819), and
- Firefox 64 for developers
- Firefox 63 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 62 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 61 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 60 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 59 for developers
- Firefox 58 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 57 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 56 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 55 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 54 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 53 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 52 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 51 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 50 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 49 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 48 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 47 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 46 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 45 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 44 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 43 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 42 for developers
- Firefox 41 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 40 for developers
- Firefox 39 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 38 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 37 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 36 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 35 for developers (en-US)
- Firefox 34 for developers (en-US)