kind property contains a
string indicating the category of audio contained in the
kind can be used
to determine the scenarios in which specific tracks should be enabled or disabled. See
Audio track kind strings for a list of the kinds available for audio tracks.
var trackKind = AudioTrack.kind;
The kinds available for audio tracks are:
- A potential alternative to the main track, such as a different audio take or a version of the soundtrack with only the music and no dialogue.
- An audio track providing audible descriptions of the action depicted in a video track.
- The primary audio track.
- The primary audio track with audio descriptions mixed into it.
- A translated version of the primary audio track.
- An audio track containing a commentary. This might be used to contain the director's commentary track on a movie, for example.
- The track doesn't have an explicit kind, or the kind provided by the track's metadata isn't recognized by the user agent.
|HTML Living Standard
The definition of 'AudioTrack: kind' in that specification.
The definition of 'AudioTrack.kind' in that specification.
BCD tables only load in the browser