Introduction to Web development
Whether you're just getting started with Web development, or are just expanding your horizons into new realms of Web awesomeness, the links here should help you get started.
For another (overlapping) set of links to learning resources, see the MDN Learning pages.
- The basics of Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML) — what exactly is HTML?
- Basic structure of a web page — the doctype and document 'tree'
- Fundamental HTML elements — structural, head, list, form elements and more, explained by category.
- HTML beginners tutorial — a tutorial and exercise that recap and take you through the basics you've learned above.
- HTML elements reference guide — a comprehensive guide to HTML elements with details on how browsers support them
- Getting started with CSS — an absolute beginners guide to CSS covers basic concepts and fundamentals
- CSS reference guide — a complete guide to CSS with details on the level of Gecko/Firefox support for each.
- The W3C introduction to styling with CSS — a brief guide to styling web pages for beginners.
- Common CSS questions — common questions and answers for beginners
- Intermediate CSS concepts — grouping, pseudo-classes and more.
- W3C Web Education Community Group Wiki
- An excellent and comprehensive reference site on HTML and CSS for beginners.
- CSSTutorial.net Beginner Tutorials
- A broad range of useful text and video tutorials that cover the basics through to intermediate aspects of CSS.
- Tizag CSS Tutorials
- An easy-to-follow reference for those wishing to learn CSS through short, concise tutorials.
- jQuery Fundamentals