This page contains multiple tutorial series that highlight different workflows for effectively creating different types of web games.
<canvas>element to implement fundamental game mechanics like rendering and moving images, collision detection, control mechanisms, and winning and losing states.
- 2D breakout game using Phaser
- In this step-by-step tutorial you'll implement the same breakout clone as the previous tutorial series, except that this time you'll do it using thePhaser HTML5 game framework. This idea here is to teach some of the fundamentals (and advantages) of working with frameworks, along with fundamental game mechanics.
- 2D maze game with device orientation
- This tutorial shows how to create a 2D maze game using HTML5, incorporating fundamentals such as collision detection and sprite placement on a
<canvas>. This is a mobile game that uses the Device Orientation and Vibration APIs to enhance the gameplay and is built using the Phaser framework.
- 2D platform game with Phaser
- This tutorial series shows how to create a simple platform game using Phaser, covering fundamentals such as sprites, collisions, physics, collectables, and more.