Introduction to HTML5 Game Development
- Games built with HTML5 work on smartphones, tablets, PCs and Smart TVs.
- Advertise and promote your game all over the Web as well as other media.
- Payments. Charge what you want and use whatever payment processing service you like.
- Update your game whenever you want.
- Collect your own analytics!
- Connect with your customers more closely,
- Players can play the game anywhere, anytime.
|Audio||Web Audio API|
|Graphics||WebGL (OpenGL ES 2.0)|
|Input||Touch events, Gamepad API, device sensors, WebRTC, Full Screen API, Pointer Lock API|
|Networking||WebRTC and/or WebSockets|
|Storage||IndexedDB or the "cloud"|
|Web||HTML, CSS, SVG, Social API (and much more!)|
- Full Screen API
- Full screen gameplay.
- Gamepad API
- Use gamepads or other game controllers.
- HTML and CSS
- Build, style, and lay out your game's user interface.
- HTML audio
- Easily play simple sound effects and music.
- Store user data on their own computer or device.
- Fast web programming language to write the code for your game.
To easily port your existing games Emscripten or Asm.js
- Pointer Lock API
- Lock the mouse or other pointing device within your game's interface.
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- Build vector graphics that scale smoothly regardless of the size or resolution of the user's display.
- Typed Arrays
- Web Audio API
- Control the playback, synthesis, and manipulation of audio in real time.
- Create high-performance, hardware-accelerated 3D (and 2D) graphics. OpenGL ES 2.0.
- Real-Time Communications to control audio and video data, including teleconferencing and transmitting other application data back and forth between two users like chat.
- Connect your app or site to a server to transmit data back and forth in real-time. Perfect for multiplayer gaming action, chat services, and so forth.
- Web Workers
- XMLHttpRequest and File API
- Send and receive any kind of data you want from a Web server like downloading new game levels and artwork to transmitting non-real-time game status information back and forth.