readAsArrayBuffer()method of the
FileReaderSyncinterface allows to read
Blobobjects in a synchronous way into an
ArrayBuffer. This interface is only available in workers as it enables synchronous I/O that could potentially block.
ArrayBuffer readAsArrayBuffer( in Blob blob );
ArrayBuffer representing the file's data.
The following exceptions can be raised by this method:
- is raised when the resource represented by the DOM
Blobcannot be found, e.g. because it has been erased.
- is raised when one of the following problematic situation is detected:
- the resource has been modified by a third party;
- too many read are performed simultaneously;
- the file pointed by the resource is unsafe for a use from the Web (like it is a system file).
- is raised when the resource cannot be read due to a permission problem, like a concurrent lock.
- is raised when the resource is a data URL and exceed the limit length defined by each browser.
The definition of 'readAsArrayBufferSync' in that specification.
|Working Draft||Initial definition.|
The compatibility table on this page is generated from structured data. If you'd like to contribute to the data, please check out https://github.com/mdn/browser-compat-data and send us a pull request.
Update compatibility data on GitHub
|Chrome Full support Yes||Edge Full support 12||Firefox Full support 8||IE Full support Yes||Opera Full support Yes||Safari Full support Yes||WebView Android Full support Yes||Chrome Android Full support Yes||Firefox Android Full support 8||Opera Android Full support Yes||Safari iOS Full support Yes||Samsung Internet Android Full support Yes|
- Full support
- Full support