string function converts the given argument to a string.
string( [object] )
- The object to convert to a string. If omitted, the context node is used.
- If the object is a node-set, the string value of the first node in the set is returned.
- A number is converted as follows:
- NaN is converted to the string NaN.
- Positive zero is converted to the string 0.
- Negative zero is converted to the string 0.
- Positive infinity is converted to the string Infinity.
- Negative infinity is converted to the string -Infinity.
- Decimal numbers between -1 and 1 are converted to a string with a single leading 0 before the decimal point.