Since December 14th 2020, MDN has been running on the new GitHub-based Yari platform. This has a lot of advantages for MDN, but we've needed to make radical changes to the way in which we handle localization. This is because we've ended up with a lot of unmaintained and out-of-date content in our non-en-US locales, and we want to manage it better in the future.
We have frozen all localized content (meaning that we won't accept any edits to it; it'll be read-only), EXCEPT for the below locales — these locales have dedicated teams taking responsibility for maintaining them.
Note: If you want to contribute to one of the existing active locales get in touch with one of the active members listed below, or contact us for help.
- Discussions: Telegram (MDN localization in Brazilian Portuguese)
- Current contributors: Nathália Pissuti, Josiel Rocha, Clóvis Lima Júnior
- MDN localization update, February 2021 — the latest state of localization on MDN
- An update on MDN Web Docs' localization strategy — updated strategy based on community feedback
- MDN Web Docs evolves! Lowdown on the upcoming new platform — more on the advantages of the new platform, and the rationale behind the localization changes.