- What is accessibility?
- This article starts the module off with a good look at what accessibility actually is — this includes what groups of people we need to consider and why, what tools different people use to interact with the web, and how we can make accessibility part of our web development workflow.
- HTML: A good basis for accessibility
- A great deal of web content can be made accessible just by making sure the correct HTML elements are used for the correct purpose at all times. This article looks in detail at how HTML can be used to ensure maximum accessibility.
- WAI-ARIA basics
- Accessible multimedia
- Another category of content that can create accessibility problems is multimedia — video, audio, and image content need to be given proper textual alternatives, so they can be understood by assistive technologies and their users. This article shows how.
- Mobile accessibility
- With web access on mobile devices being so popular, and popular platforms such as iOS and Android having fully-fledged accessibility tools, it is important to consider the accessibility of your web content on these platforms. This article looks at mobile-specific accessibility considerations.
- Accessibility troubleshooting
- In the assessment for this module, we present to you a simple site with a number of accessibility issues that you need to diagnose and fix.