This article offers a list of important bug fixes offered by Firefox 3 that are not necessarily obvious in the documentation.
- if an error occurs parsing an overlay, the overlay is not applied. Parse errors are logged to the error console. (bug 335755)
- bug fixed where
<menupopup>elements can be placed inside a binding when attached to a menu or menu-like element. (bug 345896)
- the button's
dlgTypeproperty now works properly. (bug 308591)
event.initEventnow works properly so that events can be fired which don't bubble. (bug 330190)
DOMAttrModifiedevent now handles namespaced attributes properly. (bug 362391)
- XML processing instructions, such as
<?xml-stylesheet ?>, are now added to a XUL document's DOM. This means
document.firstChildisn't guaranteed to be the root element, use
<?xul-overlay ?>processing instructions now have no effect outside the document prolog. (bug 319654)
getElementsByAttributeNS()functions have been added to XUL elements and documents. (bug 239976)
- event listeners are maintained when moving or removing an element from a XUL document. (bug 286619)
- mutation events are now fired for non-displayed documents. (bug 201236)
- various issues with elements drawing in the wrong order are fixed. (bug 317375)
getElementsByTagName()has been fixed to work correctly on subtrees that have elements with namespace prefixes in their tag names (bug 206053).
DOMNodeRemovedevents now properly apply to the correct nodes (bug 367164).
\d, one of special characters in regular expressions, has been fixed to match only Basic Latin alphabet digits (equivalent to
[0-9]). (bug 378738)
- The image-sniffing-services category allows for image decoders implemented as extensions to correctly decode images sent with incorrect mime-types. (bug 391667)
- Right-clicks on form controls no longer brings up a context menu by default (bug 404536. See Offering a context menu for form controls to learn how to enable this on a case-by-case basis.