Progressive web applications are like good old web sites but better. In a modern browser they exhibit super–powers and become…
Identifiable as applications, findable by search engines.
Available on the device, on users' home screens — without the hassle of an app store.
Easily shareable via URLs, without requiring complex installation.
Works offline or on low quality networks.
Works for every user, regardless of browser choice.
Makes user engagement easy by drawing attention, even when users aren't using their devices.
Fits any form factor: desktop, mobile, tablet, or whatever comes next.
Delivery mechanism prevents snooping and ensures content hasn’t been tampered with.
- Progressive web apps on Google Developers
- Progressive Web Apps: Escaping Tabs Without Losing Our Soul by Alex Russell
- Progressive Web Apps Check List
- The Lighthouse Tool by Google
- Tools for building progressive web apps with Angular
- React PWA Guide Kit
- Offline-capable Pokédex web site