The New Window command of the WebDriver API opens a new top-level browsing context of type window or tab, and returns with a dictionary containing the handle of the new WebWindow and its created type. If the requested type cannot be created by the browser, the alternative type will be tried to create.
- Identifier of the session.
The input is an object:
- Requested type of top-level browsing context.
The response payload is an object:
- The handle of the new WebWindow.
- The created type of top-level browsing context.
- Invalid session ID
- Session does not exist.
- No such window
- If the
windowhas been closed.
- Unexpected alert open
- A user prompt, such as
window.alert, blocks execution of command until it is dealt with.
- Unsupported Operation
- The driver or browser doesn't support the command for some reason, eg. when it is not possible to create a new tab nor window.
|WebDriver - Level 2 (WebDriver 2)|
BCD tables only load in the browser
- Close Window command