regexp:replace() replaces the portions of a string that match a given regular expression with the contents of another string.
regexp:replace(originalString, regExpString, flagsString, replaceString)
- The string perform a search-and-replace operation upon.
- The string containing character flags.
- The string with which the matched substrings are to be replaced.
The character flags are:
g- Global replace
- If this flag is specified, all occurrences of the regular expression within the
originalStringare replaced. Otherwise only the first occurrence is replaced.
i- Case insensitive match
- If this flag is specified, the match is performed in a case insensitive fashion.
The revised version of the string.
Supported in Gecko 1.9 and later.
Document Tags and Contributors
Last updated by: Sheppy,