- Design and develop apps for Firefox OS.
- Firefox OS 模拟器
- Run and debug your Firefox OS app on the desktop, without needing a real Firefox OS device.
- Responsive Design View
- See how your website or app will look on different screen sizes without changing the size of your browser window.
- Connect the developer tools to Firefox for Android.
By default, the developer tools are attached to a web page or web app. But you can also connect them to the browser as a whole. This is useful for browser and add-on development.
- Attach the Developer Tools to the browser itself.
Extending the devtools
The developer tools are designed to be extensible. Firefox add-ons can access the developer tools and the components they use to extend existing tools and add new tools. With the remote debugging protocol you can implement your own debugging clients and servers, enabling you to debug websites using your own tools or to debug different targets using the Firefox tools.
- Remote Debugging Protocol
- The protocol used to connect the Firefox Developer Tools to a debugging target like an instance of Firefox or a Firefox OS device.
- Source Editor
- A code editor built into Firefox that can be embedded in your add-on.
This section lists resources which aren't maintained by Mozilla's developer tools team, but which are widely used by web developers. We've included a few Firefox add-ons in this list, but for the complete list see the "Web Development" category on addons.mozilla.org.