Integrated into Firefox
Tools and resources that are built into Firefox and are in heavy development.
- Page Inspector
- A useful tool that shows you the HTML of the element you're currently pointing at with your mouse, in context.
- Web Console
- Style Editor
- Lets you edit CSS styles for the current page in real time; in addition, you can toggle them on and off. A fantastic way to work in real time with the look and feel of web content!
- Responsive Design View
- See how your designs will look on different screen sizes without changing the overall size of your browser window.
- Using the Source Editor
- The Source Editor isn't a standalone tool; instead, it's the underlying editor used by Scratchpad and the Style Editor. This article provides information common to all tools that make use of the Source Editor API.
- Developer Toolbar
- The Developer Toolbar provides a command-line interface to manipulate and work with the developer tools in Firefox, and buttons for quick access to the most commonly used tools.
- DOM Inspector
- A developer tool used to inspect, browse, and edit the DOM of documents - usually web pages or XUL windows.
- More on Firefox Add-ons
- Web development category in the Firefox Add-ons site
- List of validators
- Various validators for things like HTML, CSS, RDF, Firefox extensions, and many others.
- Tool used to fix or point out invalid HTML as well as improve the layout and indentation style of the resulting markup.
- Error Console
- Tool used for generation of (usually HTML) documentation from code comments (similar to JavaDoc).
- DOM Inspector
- Developer tool used to inspect, browse, and edit the Document Object Model of documents
- Mouseover DOM Inpector is a bookmarklet that allows you to view and manipulate the DOM of a web page simply by mousing around the document.
- Localization and Leveraging Tools
- Tools and resources to help localize and translate your extensions to other languages.
- WAI-ARIA Overview
- An overview of WAI-ARIA, the Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite; a set of documents that lay out how to make Web 2.0 sites and applications more accessible.
- AChecker is a tool that allows you to type in a url and test for accessibility.
- W3C complete list of tools
- A Complete list of web accessibility evaluation tools
Tree and branch management
- Concurrent Versions System(CVS) script that allows a single patch to be easily checked in on multiple branches.
User profile tools
Navigating the Mozilla Codebase
MXR (if you use vim, mxr-vim speeds up the process)
Interwiki Language Links