What's new in Aurora?
Aurora is the preview build of Firefox, where you can get the latest features before they are released. The current Aurora includes these updates to the developer tools:
- Box model highlighting in the Page Inspector
- Web Console support for executing JS in frames
- Web Console display improvements: code highlighting, node highlighting and inspection
- Network Monitor theme improvements, image thumbnails, image preview, HTML preview
- Browser Console input must now be enabled in Settings
- Icons for Scratchpad and other tools now hidden by default
Authoring tools for websites and web apps.
Exploring and debugging
Examine, explore, and debug websites and web apps.
- Web Console
- Page Inspector
- View and modify the page HTML and CSS.
- Network Monitor
- See the network requests made when a page is loaded.
- Developer Toolbar
- A command-line interface for the developer tools.
- 3D View
- 3D visualization of the page.
ابزارهایی برای توسعه بر بستر موبایل
- App Manager
- Design and develop apps for Firefox OS.
- Firefox OS Simulator
- Run and debug your Firefox OS app on the desktop, without needing a real Firefox OS device.
- Responsive Design View
- See how your website or app will look on different screen sizes without changing the size of your browser window.
- Debugging on Firefox for Android
- Connect the developer tools to Firefox for Android.
Diagnose and fix performance problems.
- Paint Flashing Tool
- Highlights the parts of the page that are repainted in response to events.
- Reflow Event Logging
- See reflow events in the web console.
- Network Performance
- See how long the parts of your site take to load.
Debugging the browser
By default, the developer tools are attached to a web page or web app. But you can also connect them to the browser as a whole. This is useful for browser and add-on development.
Extending the devtools
The developer tools are designed to be extensible. Firefox add-ons can access the developer tools and the components they use to extend existing tools and add new tools. With the remote debugging protocol you can implement your own debugging clients and servers, enabling you to debug websites using your own tools or to debug different targets using the Firefox tools.
- Remote Debugging Protocol
- The protocol used to connect the Firefox Developer Tools to a debugging target like an instance of Firefox or a Firefox OS device.
- Source Editor
- A code editor built into Firefox that can be embedded in your add-on.
This section lists resources which aren't maintained by Mozilla's developer tools team, but which are widely used by web developers. We've included a few Firefox add-ons in this list, but for the complete list see the "Web Development" category on addons.mozilla.org.
- DOM Inspector
- Inspect, browse, and edit the DOM of web pages or XUL windows.
- Web Developer
- Adds a menu and a toolbar to the browser with various web developer tools.