- Contains the function to call when a request is aborted and the
abortevent is received by this object.
- Contains the function to call when a request encounters an error and the
errorevent is received by this object.
- Contains the function to call when an HTTP request returns after successfully fetching content and the
loadevent is received by this object.
- Contains the function that gets called when the HTTP request first begins loading data and the
loadstartevent is received by this object.
- Contains the function that is called periodically with information about the progress of the request and the
progressevent is received by this object.
- Contains the function that is called if the event times out and the
timeoutevent is received by this object; this only happens if a timeout has been previously established by setting the value of the
- Contains the function that is called when the load is completed, even if the request failed, and the
loadendevent is received by this object.
|XMLHttpRequest||Living Standard||WHATWG living standard|
We're converting our compatibility data into a machine-readable JSON format. This compatibility table still uses the old format, because we haven't yet converted the data it contains. Find out how you can help!
|Feature||Chrome||Edge||Firefox (Gecko)||Internet Explorer||Opera||Safari (WebKit)|
|Basic support||1||(Yes)||1.0 (1.7 or earlier)||7||(Yes)||1.2|
|Feature||Android||Chrome for Android||Edge||Firefox Mobile (Gecko)||IE Phone||Opera Mobile||Safari Mobile|