void createInstance( in nsISupports aOuter, in nsIIDRef iid, [retval, iid_is(iid)] out nsQIResult result );
- Pointer to a component that wishes to be aggregated in the resulting instance. This can be nsnull if no aggregation is requested.
- The IID of the interface being requested in the component which is being currently created.
- Pointer to the newly created instance, if successful.
- Indicates that the requested interface is not supported.
- Indicates that aggregation is not supported.
This method provides the client a way to keep the component in memory until it is finished with it.
void lockFactory( in PRBool lock );
trueto lock the factory, and
falseto unlock the factory.
On WIN32 systems,
nsIFactory is ABI-compatible with Microsoft COM's
This interface was frozen for Gecko 0.9.5. See bug 99144 for details. From Gecko 2.0 interfaces are no longer frozen.