- 為了加入To join Mozilla's Discourse, see Signing up and logging in; if you have a Mozilla LDAP account, you can use that instead of "Login with email".
- To subscribe to the MDN category, see Subscribing to categories and topics.
- (Optional) If you prefer to interact with Discourse primarily by email, see Set up a mailing list experience for yourself. You can start a discussion in Discourse by sending an email message to: email@example.com. If you use Discourse via email, you can reply to a message by replying to the notification email that you receive. If you want to intersperse comments inline within a reply, please put two carriage-returns before and after your inline chunks, so that Discourse parses them correctly.
Prior to June 2017, MDN-related discussions took place in mailings lists that were gatewayed and archived with Google groups. If you want to search these past discussions, you can look at the Google groups corresponding to the old mailing lists. (Yes, we know these names are overlapping and confusing. Historical accident. Sorry about that.)
- mozilla.dev.mdc a.k.a. dev-mdc
- This list was for discussions about documentation content on MDN.
- mozilla.dev.mdn a.k.a. dev-mdn
- This list was about the development work on MDN's underlying Kuma platform.
- mozilla.mdn a.k.a. mdn@
- This forum was for high-level planning and prioritization discussions, for the MDN website and other related initiatives.
The MDN Web docs chat room is a major channel for discussing the content of MDN. We talk about writing, organization of content, and so on. We also have "water cooler" conversations here—it's a way our community can keep in touch and just hang out. This room is most likely to be active during weekdays in North America and Europe.
For many years, Mozilla used Internet Relay Chat (IRC) for real-time discussions. As of early 2020, IRC has been deprecated in favor of Matrix. You may see references to IRC channels in many places, including on MDN. You can help by updating links to IRC channels that you find on MDN to point to the corresponding Matrix rooms instead. If you're not sure what the Matrix room is for a topic, ask in the General room. Projects or topics that are no longer active might not have a Matrix room; in such cases, just delete the link.