原生平台一个主要优势是，用户可以轻松通过更新或加载新内容，即使用户没有正在查看应用程序或者使用他们的设备。现在的Web应用程序现在也可以使用Web Push API等技术实现这样的功能。
- Using service workers
- A simple guide for those new to the Service Worker API.
- Using the Push API
- Learn the essentials behind the Web Push API.
- Using the Notifications API
- Web notifications in a nutshell.
||Experimental: Chrome and Firefox (more detail)
||When subscribed to, the push service provides an endpoint that can be used by a server to send a push message to a web app under the control of a particular service worker.
||Experimental: chrome and Firefox (more detail)
||Fires system notifications directly from web applications.
||Widespreadin modern browsers (more detail)
- An Express-like microframework for easy Service Worker development.
- Not only a template but a tool for deploying Offline Web Apps to GitHub Pages.
- A node module to generate service worker code that will precache specific resources.
- The service worker cookbook
- A series of excellent service worker recipes, showing how to implement an offline app, but also much more.