Note: A number of the articles on this page are good, but the page itself is obsolete; most of this material is being purposed and put into the new Open Web Apps docs.
Guides and tutorials
- Firefox OS app快速开发
- 使你快速创建FireFox OS apps的向导。
- 给那些想要将他们的Web sites变成Web应用的开发者的建议。
- Suggestions for developers of apps for other mobile platforms who would like to start building Open Web Apps.
- Developing game apps
- Special considerations for game app developers, above and beyond the basics of Web app development.
- Assorted tutorials and step-by-step guides to building example apps.
- Open Web Apps and Web standards
- High-level view of the intentions behind Open Web Apps.
- Using app templates
- To help you get going with app development as quickly as possible, there are some template apps you can use as a basis for your own apps. This guide provides information on those templates, how to get them, and how to work with them.
- App Manifest
- The manifest contains information describing your app. This guide explains how the manifest works and how to create one.
- Installing Apps
Apps.install()DOM method is used to install an app. Learn how to use it in this reference page.
- App permissions
- Access to device APIs is key to creating many useful apps. Here is what's available and how to access them.
- Letting your app work offline
- Strategies and technologies you can use to ensure that your app works when there's no network connection available.
- Packaged apps
- This article explains packaged apps, which you need for an app to access sensitive device APIs, and covers how to create and install them.
- Identity integration
- Information about using Persona (also known as BrowserID) to authenticate app developers and users.