- 内容比样式、语法和拼写更重要。如果你的英语不够完美 - 别担心！如果你没有记住风格指南 - 不要担心它！如果你打错了 - 别担心！错误很容易解决，变化可以快速，轻松地逆转。
- 同你在MDN社区中的新朋友交流，并寻求帮助。社区（有薪职员和志愿者）都很友好。我们喜欢（爱！）新的贡献者！如果您没有收到对您的电子邮件或IRC问题的快速回复，请记住，许多不同时区的人都在处理许多不同的项目。随意询问不止一次和/或询问一个以上的人。 你不会被忽视。如果您没有得到所需的帮助，请联系MDN chieftan的Eric Shepherd。对我们而言，没有什么比帮助贡献者更重要了。
- 任何人都可以改变一切。 如果你改变他们的内容，任何人都不应该感到沮丧，如果有人改变了你的内容，你不应该感到不安（尽管你应该随意提出有关这些变化的问题）。变化不是批评 - 它们（几乎总是）是建设性的改进。
You will not be able to save your changes and will get a "Permission Denied" error if your browser has been configured to not send referrer information. If you cannot save your changes, in Firefox, be sure the
network.http.sendRefererHeader preference is set to its default value (at the moment it's "2").
If you do not know where to put a new article, do not worry about it! Put it anywhere, and we will find it and move it to where it belongs, or merge it into existing content if that makes the most sense. You also do not need to worry about making it perfect. We have happy helper gnomes that will help make your content clean and luscious.
- Enter the name of the new page anywhere in the text of a page.
- Highlight the name and click the Link icon () in the editor's toolbar. The "Update Link" dialog opens, with the highlighted text in the "Link To" field.
- "/en-US/docs/" will be inserted by default at the beginning of the URL field. Enter the name of the page after "/en-US/docs/". (The page name doesn't have to be the same as the link text.)
- Click OK to create and insert the link.
If the page does not already exist, the link will be in red. If the page does already exist, the link will be in blue. If you want to create a new page but the page title you want is already taken, check first if it makes more sense to help edit and improve the page that is already there. Otherwise, think of a different title for your new page and create a link for it. Refer to the page naming guide for guidelines.
To add content to your new page, click on the red link you just created (after saving and closing the editor) and start writing. Click "SAVE AND KEEP EDITING" as you work to save your changes without closing the editing interface. Click "SAVE CHANGES" when you are done.
To create a new page without linking from another page, enter a unique page name in the URL field of your browser. For example, if you enter:
... MDN will create a new page with the title "FooBar" and open the editor so you can add content to the new page.
Kuma, the Mozilla-developed software the Mozilla Developer Network uses, uses HTML as its markup language for the documentation. If you wish to see or edit the HTML content, you can do so by clicking the "Source" button in the toolbar while in edit mode. Click it again to return to the WYSIWYG editor.
You can report complex problems by filing a documentation bug. Use these field values:
- Mozilla Developer Network
- Documentation requests
- The page where you found the problem
- As much as you know or have time to describe about the problem and where to find correct information. This can include people ("talk to so-and-so") as well as Web links.
One longer ongoing subproject at the MDN is to migrate all currently existing developer documentation from the mozilla.org web site into the MDN wiki. The procedure is fairly simple:
- Pick a document you would like to migrate from the existing content list.
- Refer to the page naming guide and decide what the page or pages for that document should be called in the wiki.
- Create those pages and migrate the content, marking it up as best you can using the wiki markup reference as a guide.
- Delete the item from the existing content list.
- Add the item to the needs redirect list.
If you are keen on doing a comprehensive job on this, you will also:
- Use our search system to search for any links to the original document in the wiki, then change those links so they point at the new wiki page.
- Check for external redirects to the original document, and flag those redirects for deletion by adding the "Junk" tag to them.
If you are interested in helping translate the documentation in any of the MDN wikis to another language, simply visit the relevant language's wiki and create or edit pages. See Localization projects for information about current projects and how to start a new project.
解决 "编辑战" 或其它冲突
If for whatever reason you end up in an "edit war" on a page, where two or more people are continually and repeatedly making and reverting changes, please try to resolve the conflict with the people involved first.
Should no resolution be possible, please bring it to the attention of either (ideally) the MDN mailing list or (as a last resort) the developer documentation lead. Other technical experts, writers, and editors will be consulted as required, and their expertise will be used to resolve the problem.
Should you create a page by accident or stumble across a page you think should be deleted, mark it as such by adding the "Junk" tag to it.
Items tagged as Junk are checked periodically by wiki administrators and the pages it contains are evaluated and deleted when appropriate.