This translation is incomplete. Please help translate this article from English
The Social API is an architecture that makes it easier for web browsers to integrate with social media services, using standard web technologies as the API. Once a social service provider is implemented for Firefox, it becomes possible for the browser to integrate web resources from a service, in-chrome user controls and information related to that service. The following articles explain how to implement a social service provider.
The Social API supports specific vertical use cases centered around social interactions, but does not tightly constrain those use cases, allowing flexibility and creativity for 3rd parties. Specific features supported are notifications, share, bookmarking (or save-for-later), sidebars and communications (e.g. chat and video).
Social API documentation
- Social API glossary
- Provides definitions of key terms you'll need to understand when using the Social API.
- Social service manifest
- A description of—(TBD: and guide to building)—the manifest required.
- Social service worker API reference 已废弃 Gecko 48
- A reference to the social service worker API.
- Social service content API: MozSocial 已废弃 Gecko 51
- A reference to the social service content API, which is provided by the
- Social share API
- A reference to the Share API.
- Social bookmarks API 已废弃 Gecko 51
- A reference to the Social Bookmarks API.
- Social status API 已废弃 Gecko 51
- A reference to the Status API.
- Social service widgets
- A guide to the widgets provided by the social service.
How to create a SocialAPI Provider
A step-by-step guide to create a simple Social API provider.
- First Steps
- The basics of getting an installable social provider running.
- Adding ambient notifications 已废弃 Gecko 51
- A short guide to implementing ambient notifications using the Social API.
- Implementing status and notifications 已废弃 Gecko 51
- A guide to implementing a status panel with notifications using the Social API.
- Adding bookmark support 已废弃 Gecko 51
- A short guide to implementing social bookmarks using the Social API.
- Implementing share
- A guide to implementing a share panel using the Social API.
- Supporting chat 已废弃 Gecko 51
- A guide to implementing chat features using the Social API.
Getting help from the community
Need help on a Social API related problem and can't find the solution in the documentation?
- Ask your question on the Mozilla IRC channel: #socialdev
Tools and demos
- A complete sample social service provider on github.
- A sample using only a toolbarbutton.
- A sample sidebar project. 已废弃 Gecko 51
- How to use the Firefox Developer Tools with the Social API.
Available Social Providers
Try out any of several providers on the SocialAPI Directory site (Firefox 29 or later required)