Firefox 16 for developers
Firefox 16 shipped on October 9, 2012. This article lists key changes that are useful for not only Web developers to know about, but also Firefox and Gecko developers as well as add-on developers.
<meter>element is now supported.
- Support for the HTML Microdata API has been added. (bug 591467)
<canvas>now supports the CSS
currentColorin all case. (bug 629882)
<input>now allows filtering based on arbitrary mimetypes in
- Two new attributes,
heighthave been added to the
<input>element (bug 683855).
- 实现了标准的不带前缀的 CSS Transforms (en-US). (bug 745523)
- Support for reverse animation direction (keywords
animation-directionproperty) has been added. (bug 655920).
- You can now animate the CSS
transition-durationCSS properties now reject negative values (and do not handle them as
0sanymore) (bug 773102).
- Support for the standard, unprefixed version of CSS Transforms (en-US) has been landed (bug 745523).
<length>cannot be used for translation values in
matrix3d()anymore (Firefox bug 719054).
- Support for the standard, unprefixed version of CSS Gradients (en-US) has been landed. Note that the syntax has changed significantly since the prefixed version, so you should read up on this (bug 752187).
-moz-box-sizingimplementation has been updated to apply to table cells too (bug 338554).
- Support for the standard, unprefixed version of
calchas been landed (bug 771678).
<resolution>CSS data type has been extended to support the
- On screen, for media queries (en-US),
dpcmare now representing values based on CSS pixels and no more with the physical units (bug 771390).
- Three new pseudo-classes
:-moz-meter-sub-sub-optimumhave been added for accessing/styling a
<meter>element in a paraticular state (bug 660238).
-moz-appearanceproperty gains two new values:
meterchunk. They represent components inside the
<meter>element (bug 659999).
min-heightnow supports the
autokeyword for flex items (and resolves to
0for other items) (bug 763689).
height属性 . (bug 683855)
- IndexedDB 属性和方法取消前缀。(bug 726378)
- The Battery API is now unprefixed.
- The Vibration API has been unprefixed.
- The non-standard
Keyboardinterface, prefixed as
mozKeyboard, now has the
Keyboard.setValue()methods, as well as the
Keyboard.onfocuschange. This interface, only available for Firefox OS, has been removed in Firefox 31.
Packagesglobal objects have been removed. See LiveConnect.
CSSNamespaceRule(en-US) has been updated from
10) (bug 765590).
- WebSMS API:
SmsRequesthas been superseded by the more general
- The non-standard
Element.scrollLeftMaxread-only properties have been added (Firefox bug 766937).
- The second parameter of
Blob(), when set to
undefined, is now being handled as an empty dictionary (Firefox bug 7691119).
Numberobjects now offer
isInteger()methods. (bug 761480, bug 761495)
- The Harmony spread operator is now supported in
Arrayinitializers (bug 574130). Note it is not yet supported in calls (bug 762363).
- The experimental
TypedArray.prototype.move()method has been added (available in Aurora and Nightly channels only) (Firefox bug 730873).
<mo> (en-US)now correctly default to
- There's now a handy developer toolbar you can access by going to Tools > Web Developer > Developer Toolbar, or by pressing Ctrl-Shift-V (Cmd-Opt-V on Mac OS X). This toolbar offers a command line interface as well as buttons for quickly accessing useful tools. The graphical command line interface (GCLI) is easy to expand and additional commands are expected in the future. Type "help" to get a list of supported commands.
- The Web Console now displays an error count so you can quickly see how much work you have ahead of you.
- The Scratchpad now offers a list of recently opened files.
Changes for Open Web App developers
- Initial Open Web App support has been implemented in the desktop versions of Firefox (that is, on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux).
nsIPrivateDOMEvent has been merged into
nsIDOMEvent. (bug 761613)