Tools and frameworks
This part of the App Center provides guides to using tools, frameworks and libraries to speed up Open Web App development — Brick, app templates, X-Tag, and Firefox OS Cordova support.
- Web components and Mozilla Brick
- Mozilla Brick is a Web component library, based on the X-Tag library, which allows easy usage of custom elements.
- Using app templates
- To help you get going with app development as quickly as possible, there are some template apps you can use as a basis for your own apps. This guide provides information on those templates, how to get them, and how to work with them.
- X-Tag and the Web components specification family provide a means for us to define custom elements that will dealt with as first class citizens by the browser, rather than as an inefficient afterthought. This guide explains how they work.
- Custom elements
- This article describes some of the most useful custom elements available inside Mozilla's X-Tag library.
Cross-platform apps and build tools
- Cordova support for Firefox OS
- This article provides a basic introduction to Apache Cordova and explains how to use it to generate an Open Web App for installation on Firefox OS.
- Cordova Firefox OS plugin reference
- Reference showing sample code and examples for the Cordova plugins that currently support Firefox OS.