This chapter describes methods in the plug-in API that are available from the browser. The names of all of these methods begin with
NPN_ to indicate that they are implemented by the browser and called by the plug-in. For an overview of how these two sides of the plug-in API interact, see the How Plug-ins Work and Overview of Plug-in Structure sections in the introduction.
- 这个函数用于为插件获取浏览器的HTTP authentication 信息。
- Invalidates specified drawing area prior to repainting or refreshing a windowless plug-in.
- Requests the creation of a new data stream produced by the plug-in and consumed by the browser.
- Thread-safe way to request that the browser calls a plug-in function on the browser or plug-in thread (the thread on which the plug-in was initiated).
- Pops the popups-enabled state.
- Posts data to a URL.
- Posts data to a URL, and receives notification of the result.
- Pushes the popups-enabled state.
- Reloads all plug-ins in the Plugins directory.
- Requests a range of bytes for a seekable stream.
- Sets windowless plug-in as transparent or opaque.
- Allows a plug-in to change the stored information associated with a URL, in particular its cookies.
- Displays a message on the status line of the browser window.
- Returns the browser's user agent field.
- Returns version information for the Plug-in API.
- Pushes data into a stream produced by the plug-in and consumed by the browser.