Places is the bookmarks and history management system introduced in Firefox 3. It offers increased flexibility and complex querying to make handling the places the user goes easier and more convenient. It also includes new features including favicon storage and the ability to annotate pages with arbitrary information. It also introduces new user interfaces for managing all this information; see Places on the Mozilla wiki.
Places stores its data in an SQLite database using the mozStorage interfaces.
- Places migration guide
- Migrating existing code to use the Places API.
- Manipulating bookmarks using Places
- Examples for how to work with bookmarks using the Places API.
- Using the Places tagging service
- How to use the tagging service.
- Using the Places history service
- How to access history information using the Places API.
- Using the Places favicon service
- How to manipulate favicons using the Places API.
- Using the Places livemark service
- How to create and manage livemarks.
- Using the Places annotation service
- How to work with the annotation service.
- Using the Places keywords API
- How to manage Places keywords
- Querying Places
- How to query the bookmarks and history system with specific parameters.
- Retrieving part of the bookmarks tree
- How to fetch a section of the bookmarks tree using queries.
- Displaying Places information using views
- How to use Places views to display Places data in your own applications or extensions.
- A library of convenient routines that make it easier to work with Places.
- Places Database troubleshooting
- How to deal with a corrupt places.sqlite database.
- The Places database
- High-level overview of the Places database design.
- History Service Design
- Design of the history service.
- Bookmark Service Design
- Design of the bookmarks service.
- Annotation Service Design
- Design of the annotation service.
- The Places "frecency" algorithm
- The algorithm behind the Places location bar (sometimes called the "awesomebar").
Метки документа и участники
Внесли вклад в эту страницу: