HyperText Markup Language (HTML) este limbajul de baza a aproape intregului continut Web. Ceea ce vezi pe ecran, in interiorul browserului este descris, fundamental, folosind HTML . Mai precis, HTML este limbajul ce descrie structura si semantica continutului unui document Web. Continutul unei pagini Web este creat din taguri HTML cum ar fi
<div> si asa mai departe.
HTML este un limbaj international, standardizat, mentinut de World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) si de WHATWG. WHATWG considera HTML ca fiind un "limbaj viu", in continua evolutie, iar W3C lucreaza la versiuni ale acestuia, cea mai recenta fiind HTML 5.
Standardul HTML defines a single language that can be written using the relaxed HTML syntax, but also the more strict XML one, and also addresses the needs of web applications.
HTML5 does not describe the style and formatting of content, but only the content itself and its meaning. Style and formatting is defined and controlled using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
The articles here provide reference materials you can refer to while you develop for the Web.
Documentation about HTML
- Introduction to HTML
- An introductory guide to HTML, including its syntax and usage.
- HTML element reference
- A detailed reference of all HTML elements and their features, capabilities, and compatibility with various browsers.
- HTML attribute reference
- A list of all HTML attributes and which elements they can be used with.
- HTML guide
- Guides and tutorial content to help you learn and use HTML.
Getting help from the community
You need help on a HTML-related problem and can't find the solution in the documentation?
- Consult the dedicated Mozilla forum :
- Go to Stack Overflow, a collaboratively built and maintained Q&A site and look if you can find the answer to your question. If not you will be able to ask your question there.
- Join us at IRC.
Tools for HTML developers
- Recent versions of Firefox include built-in Web Developer tools, such as the Web Console, Page Inspector, Style Editor, and Responsive Design View that assist with developing, debugging, and improving Web pages
- Firefox' Firebug extension, a popular extension of that navigator that allows to edit live CSS on watched sites. Very practical to test some changes, though this extension does much more.
- HTML Validator
- Web Developer Extension
- HTML Tidy
- Pretty Diff