WebAPI é um termo utilizado para referir um conjunto de compatibilidade de dispositivo e APIs de acesso que permitem que as aplicações da Web e o conteúdo acedam ao dispositivo de hardware (tais como estado da bateria ou hardware de vibração do dispositivo), bem como aceder aos dados guardados no dispositivo (tais como o calendário ou lista de contactos). Ao adicionarmos estas APIs, nós esperamos que expanda o que a Web pode fazer hoje, para também incluirem o que apenas as plataformas proprietárias podiam fazer no passado.
Nota: para uma breve explicação de cada distintivo, por favor, consulte a documentação pdas aplicações empacotadas.
- Network Information API
- Provides basic information about the current network connection, such as connection speed.
- The WebBluetooth API provides low-level access to the device's Bluetooth hardware.
- Mobile Connection API
- Exposes information about the device's cellular connectivity, such as signal strength, operator information, and so forth.
- Network Stats API
- Monitors data usage and exposes this data to privileged applications.
- Lets apps place and answer phone calls and use the built-in telephony user interface.
- Lets apps send and receive SMS text messages, as well as to access and manage the messages stored on the device.
- WiFi Information API
- A privileged API which provides information about signal strength, the name of the current network, available WiFi networks, and so forth.
APIs de acesso ao hardware
- Ambient Light Sensor API
- Provides access to the ambient light sensor, which lets your app detect the ambient light level in the vicinity of the device.
- Battery Status API
- Provides information about the battery's charge level and whether or not the device is currently plugged in and charging.
- Geolocation API
- Provides information about the device's physical location.
- Pointer Lock API
- Lets apps lock access to the mouse and gain access to movement deltas rather than absolute coordinates; this is great for gaming.
- Proximity API
- Lets you detect proximity of the device to a nearby object, such as the user's face.
- Device Orientation API
- Provides notifications when the device's orientation changes.
- Screen Orientation API
- Provides notifications when the screen's orientation changes. You can also use this API to let your app indicate what orientation it prefers.
- Vibration API
- Lets apps control the device's vibration hardware for things such as haptic feedback in games. This is not intended for things such as notification vibrations. See the Alarm API for that.
- Camera API
- Allows apps to take photographs and/or record video using the device's built-in camera.
- Power Management API
- Lets apps turn on and off the screen, CPU, device power, and so forth. Also provides support for listening for and inspecting resource lock events.
APIs de gestão de dados
- FileHandle API
- Provides support for writable files with locking support.
- Client-side storage of structured data with support for high-performance searches.
- Settings API
- Lets apps examine and change system-wide configuration options that are permanently stored on the device.
- Alarm API
- Lets apps schedule notifications. Also provides support for automatically launching an app at a specific time.
- Simple Push API
- Lets the platform send notification messages to specific applications.
- Push API
- Gives web applications the ability to receive messages pushed to them from a server, whether or not the web app is in the foreground, or even currently loaded, on a user agent.
- Web Notifications
- Lets applications send notifications displayed at the system level.
- Apps API
- The Open WebApps API provides support for installing and managing Web apps. In addition, support is provided to let apps determine payment information.
- Web Activities
- Lets an app delegate an activity to another app; for example, an app might ask another app to select (or create) and return a photo. Typically the user is able to configure what apps are used for which activities.
- WebPayment API
- Lets Web content initiate payments and refunds for virtual goods.
- Browser API
- Provides support for building a Web browser completely using Web technologies (in essence, a browser within a browser).
- Idle API
- Lets apps receive notifications when the user is not actively using the device.
- Permissions API
- Manages app permissions in a centralized location. Used by the Settings app.
- Time/Clock API
- Provides support for setting the current time. The time zone is set using the Settings API.
Comunidade de WebAPI
If you need help with these APIs, there are several ways you can talk to other developers making use of them.