Esta tradução está incompleta. Por favor, ajude a traduzir este artigo.
Quando se tenta descrever WebGL (e sua tecnologia pai OpenGL) nós geralmente dizemos que é uma tecnologia para se desenhar gráficos 3D e fazer a aplicação de efeitos visuais à eles, por exemplo iluminação, texturização, sombreamento, e assim por diante. Este é provavelmente seu uso mais comum.
Na verdade, WebGL é muito mais que isso. É uma API Web que deixa você se comunicar com o hardware gráfico, chamado GPU. It comes with its own small programming language, called GLSL, which means you can now wield the computational power of the GPU, and use it as you wish. 2D and 3D graphics, image processing, procedural texturing, terrain generation, visual effects such as reflections, refraction, smoke, fire, and fluids, or even non-graphic general computing that takes advantage of powerful GPU features, are all possible. You are limited only by the power of the hardware and by your imagination.
With great power comes great responsibility. It is the purpose of these tutorials to give you the fundamental knowledge of how WebGL works, and how to use it correctly, so you can get the most out of it.
- Required background:
- Getting started with the web – In the tutorials we are going to use very simple HTML and CSS, so it is enough to have a basic understanding of these technologies.
- WebGL by example
- This is a collection of live samples with short commentaries, sorted by topic and level of difficulty. It aims at showcasing WebGL concepts and capabilities, but it is not a substitute for the full tutorial.
- Tutorial at API reference
Once you've mastered the basics, there is plenty more to explore:
- WebGL API reference
- The WebGL reference pages contain detailed description on every interface, method, property and constant in the WebGL API. In addition, you will find there articles on advanced topics, more examples, and tips on using WebGL.
- Guide to Graphics on the Web
- This is the Web developer guide to Graphics on the Web. You can learn there about other graphics APIs, such as SVG, 2D graphics with HTML Canvas, and video.
- Game development
- These are the Game development pages on MDN. Go there to learn about integrating WebGL with other APIs and techniques, so you can build a complete immersive experience, that you can distribute to others.