The Firefox App Manager lets you install apps from your computer to a WebApp capable device (Firefox OS), and debug any running app.
Connecting a device
Configuring the device
- Enable remote debugging in Firefox OS:
Settings -> Device Information -> More Information -> Developer -> Remote Debugging [x]
- Plug the device to your computer;
- It's recommended to disable the "
Settings -> Screen Lock" option;
- If you don't use the Adb Addon, enable port forwarding:
adb forward tcp:6000 localfilesystem:/data/local/debugger-socket
Start the App Manager
In Firefox Desktop:
Tools > Web Developer, select App Manager
Make sure your phone is unlocked and the
abd forward command was successful.
Using the App Manager
From here, you can import an existing app form your computer, validate it, install it and debug it.
From here, you can start an installed app and debug it.
List of permissions in the device.
My device is not recognized
- Make sure that your device runs at least Firefox OS 1.2
- Did you enable "Remote Debugging" in the settings of your phone? (see the "Configuring Device" section)
- If adb is not managed by Firefox Desktop, did you run the adb forward command? (see the "Configuring Device" section)
- If adb is managed by Firefox Desktop, and you use Linux, make sure to setup udev correctly
- If adb is managed by Firefox Desktop, and you use Windows, make sure to install the appropriate drivers
- Is your phone unlocked