Make a wish
Is there a specific article or piece of documentation we're missing that you really wish we had? Add it to the list below. Unless you're sure there is no documentation on the topic you're interested in, please ask in the relevant newsgroup and/or on the MDC mailing list first. Also, please make your request easy to understand; add a link to a longer description of the request if needed.
Fulfill a wish
Do you want to contribute new content to the MDC, but aren't sure where to start? Pick a topic from the list below, research it, and write it up! When you're finished, please delete the item from the list.
If you would like to contribute but don't want to write a whole new document, check out our to do list.
For more information on how to help or how to get started see how to help.
Read the Make a wish section above before editing.
Add examples to pages tagged NeedsExample. If a page on that list actually has a good example, please remove the tag. If you find a page that lacks an example, but don't know how to write that one, add the NeedsExample tag to the page.
- Downloadable version for Offline use
- How about a Cheat Sheet?
- In respect to what, if I may ask?
- Performance let vs. var should be added in one of Performance best practices in extensions or let and linked to each other. A statement on whether there's a difference between using var or let keywords should be added (no matter whether the performance is the same or different).
- Introduction to AJAX (we have AJAX:Getting Started, but could use something more elaborate maybe)
- Introduction to SVG: Part 1 What is SVG and how do I create SVG content
- Introduction to SVG: Part 2 How can I (dynamically) handle/modify SVG content
- SVG tutorial
- HTML - XHTML
- HTML Reference
- Using CSS Counters (started, but needs expanding)
- CSS Reference (this is under development already, but could use a lot more content)
- Fix the DOM Reference.
- In privileged mode: How to create an image and copy it to the clipboard
- Enable ClearType for easy reading.
- Writing an Options dialog using Firefox 1.5's new Preferences System
- wrappedJSObject trick in XPCOM components See wrappedJSObject.
- SQLite Storage API documentation started
- Gecko event reference, listing every event that Gecko generates.
- Mozilla development
- Short page talking about the subset of doxygen markup that we use in IDL files (done)
- Docs for tree-wide preprocessor macros (
NS_RELEASE, etc.) -- probably their definitions if not too abstruse and a brief description of use
- Some of these docs have been started, see Category:XPCOM Macros
- Docs for tree-wide types (
nsresult, whatever other non-class non-standard types are used)
- 'Bird's-eye view' articles on the architecture of the browser, of mail&news, etc.
- An up-to-date article outlining the process contributing code, linked from Developing Mozilla. (making sure the bug you're fixing is not invalid or wontfix, maybe checking that overall direction of the fix is correct (e.g. when implementing UI), making changes, testing, Creating a patch, picking r/sr/ui-r people, getting the patch checked in). See also Hacking Firefox --Nickolay 01:15, 27 January 2007 (PST)
- step by step mozilla development on scratcbox
- Document explaining what is common with respect to features and source code between the different projects like Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Camino, etc. Basically explaining how much reuse is there between these projects in terms of features and source code.
- Miscellaneous. Unclear requests will be eventually deleted. This is not the place for Firefox feature requests.
- Tips & Tricks for creating usable interfaces
- Change "netwerk" to "network" in your folder structure, example.
- Drag and Drop of objects within tabs (what does this mean?)
- a brief description of "mozilla-filesystem". Most rpm packages of Firefox depend on the "mozilla-filesystem" package. What is it? Googling that phrase alone turns up dozens of mentions of the above dependency with no further details. A search of "developer.mozilla.org" yeilds no hits on the phrase "mozilla-filesystem".
- Add any missing execCommand commands there may be. "enableInlineTableEditing" for example.