js-ctypes allows application and extension code to call back and forth to native code written in C. C++ support is limited, see bug 505907 for full support. Unlike binary XPCOM components, It allows developers to ship a single binary for use with multiple versions of Firefox.
Note: js-ctypes is only available from chrome code; that is, ctypes is not available to websites, only application and extension code.
- Getting started using ctypes.
- JS-ctypes Reference
- A reference guide to the js-ctypes API.
- Standard OS Libraries
- Documentation on the standard libraries of different operating systems. (Ex: Documentation on what function needs what DLL on Windows)
- Frequently asked questions about ctypes
Add to iPhoto
- A Firefox extension that uses js-ctypes to call Carbon and Core Foundation framework routines on Mac OS X to implement an "Add image to iPhoto" feature in Firefox.