この翻訳は不完全です。英語から この記事を翻訳 してください。
Components and Services
Sync refers to a family of related components and services which provide synchronization of data between Mozilla application instances. These components and services include:
- Firefox Sync Client
- A server implementation of the Sync HTTP protocol. Clients communicate through it.
- Firefox Home
- An iOS application that functions as a Sync client.
- Mozilla Server Instance
- An instance of the server deployed and maintained by Mozilla. If you use Sync in your browser, this is what it talks to by default.
There are numerous specifications concerning Sync. These include:
- An HTTP API for client-server interaction
- Storage formats used by the the clients
- Cryptographic model for encrypting client data
The definitive source for these specifications is http://docs.services.mozilla.com/.
Running a Server
It is possible to run your own Sync Server instance. Full instructions are available at http://docs.services.mozilla.com/howtos/run-sync.html.
Getting Involved and Status
For information on the current development status of Sync including how to get involved, see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/Sync.