In this section of content we'll introduce you to the topic of developing Open Web Apps, and the areas we think are most vital for you to concentrate on when building apps that will not only work across different browsers and devices, but also work well when installed on platforms such as Firefox OS.
- Installable apps
- This selection of articles looks at the extra steps you need to follow to make an Open Web App installable on a device including manifest files, the install API, packages and hosted apps, and handling API permissions.
- App functionality: task categories
- This section describes and links to the sub pages we have available covering the development of different categories of app functionality, or "things you will want your app to do".
- General app development topics
- This page features general app topics, tips and techniques.
- Templates and components
- In this section of our apps docs, we discuss the different templates and components available to speed up app development.
- Porting Chrome apps to open web apps
- This article discusses the differences between Chrome apps and open web apps, and how you can convert between the two.
Tools for app developers
Technology reference documentation
Getting help from the community
If you still aren't sure how to do what you're trying to get done, feel free to join the conversation!
- Consult the webapps forum:
- Ask your question on the Open Web Apps IRC channel: #openwebapps